The calligraphic copy
The calligraphic copy was intended as a presentation
copy, to show important visitors and generous donors how highly the
library appreciated them and their gifts. This is also clear from the dedication
on the first page of the Syllabus.
The scribe of this copy is unknown. Because the entries up to and
including the year 1624 are written by the same hand, this part probably
dates from that year. Following on the list of 1619, the donations up to
the year 1699 are noted in chronological order, with the description of
the titles, the names of the donors, and the date. These pages with
were written by various scribes.